counter

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Tag challenge: Day 01: Favourite song

I have put plenty of thought in to what my favourite song is and it has been a difficult question to answer. There are so many bands that have had an impact on my life particularly from the 80s electronic scene but I decided to go with a song from the following decade. The song in question is by James but its not one of there mainstream hits.

I bought the James B-Sides album back in 2000 not long after it was released and was impressed by many of the songs. I felt that some of the songs were of a similar quality to the best of their single releases but one song stood out for me over all the others and that song is 'I Defeat', a catchy ballad with just a little bit of angst. I like songs that create a mood and this one certainly does just that with an edgy guitar riff and lyrics to sing to.

Well there you go, that's my choice for favourite song. And a difficult choice it was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment